Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Last Christmas

Life is uncertain but the way it is going right now, it might very well be a long time before I come to Bangalore during Christmas... Hence, the title of this piece... No relation to George Michael whatsoever!






Now that I assumed 2012 Christmas to be the last one in the city, I made sure I had a grand one, and this time, luck co-operated with me.

Every year, Bangalore is decked-up during Christmas and New Year. It is a treat to see the city at this time of the year, almost every shop displaying a Christmas tree, sometimes a Santa in a mall distributing sweets, and Brigade Road looks especially fabulous with the entire street lit up for Christmas and New Year.




Brigade Road during evenings
December is one of my favourite months of the year. It is that time of year when I look back and think of the year that passed, and thank god that it passed! Now I have the next year to be wiser and more tolerant!




This thought, coupled with Christmas and New Year celebrations, calls for lots of special treatment to my year-long complaining belly. So, I treat it well. And so I began by feasting at one of my "want-to-visit restaurant", Bangalore's Bistro.








Even during peak dinner-time, the restaurant was not crowded, which might have led me to other conclusions if I had not been assured by the countless reviews about this place.

The decor itself is like that of a Bistro with fountains, fences, paintings, wrought-iron chairs and mosaic tables, shrubbery and an outdoorsy terrace section. It's nothing to brag about; it's a nice, decent ambiance and one that I settled to quite easily.


Chicken VOL-en-VENTS








I must warn, the ambiance is quite conducive to female-chatter. We chatted away the hours, lazily eating our dinner with not a care for the world.



Bistro Chicken Steak

Enchilada

We didn't order much, but whatever we ordered turned out to be delicious.

Also, I must mention their impeccable service. We were two girls and as girls do, taking turn to photograph one another. We thought we would ask a waiter for a photo of us. Before we could ask, a waiter politely stepped forward and asked if we would like a photo together. Well, it is hard to find sensible waiters... we were pleasantly surprised.


St. Patrick's




With our tummies purring with pleasure, we went to St. Patrick's Church for the midnight mass... my first-ever.



The Service









The service was prompt and efficient. The decor was pretty. The crowd was co-operating. And the sound of the choir at midnight was a beautiful experience.








I am glad my friend persuaded me to join her. I could not believe I was a part of a 1000+ strong crowd, gathered at midnight, celebrating the birth of Christ.

























Well, what can I say! It was my last Christmas in Bangalore and it was definitely my best!


Thank you, Bangalore!







To all, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!






1 comment:

  1. Truly it was a different Christmas experience for me too. Had a wonderful Christmas eve:)

    ReplyDelete